School is just about to begin, hard to believe how summer flies by. We can’t wait to see our families again. We hope you had a fantastic summer. You should receive an introduction e-mail from your student’s teacher by Friday, August 15, 2014. It will explain class location etc.
We are looking for a group of people who will come to the school on Monday, August 18, 2014 at 8:30 am. We need people who will help build the memorial benches to honor Csaba Gabriel Recke, to put them in the ground and help
spread wood chips. If you are willing to help please bring work gloves, rakes, shovels. If someone has a front loader, we could really use it. Please e-mail email@example.com if you can volunteer, all volunteer hours are doubled.
Can you help with landscaping? We are in need of help mowing, trimming, and weed spraying with non-toxic weed killer. Please e-mail or call Anne to help firstname.lastname@example.org, 303 646-2636.
Parents and Guardians: If you do not already have a login into Infinite Campus. Please e-mail Kathy Knowles at email@example.com . We will build you a login and a password and e-mail it back to you.
Monday, August 18, 2014 ~
- Special work day on the playground beginning 8:30 am.
- Kindergarten and sixth grade orientation 12:00 pm - 3:15 pm. There will be a table in the front lobby when you drop off your student off on Monday, August 18, 2014. You will come to the table and get your little one's teacher's name and walk them down. We are asking parents not to stay to allow their teacher an opportunity to bond with your child. The teachers will walk their students at noon to the front entrance area, and dismiss them through carpool, this way kindergartners will learn the dismissal process. Sixth grade students will come through carpool and enter and exit through the “East Entrance”.
- Back to School Night 3:30 pm - 6:30pm Come visit with your student’s teacher and drop off school supplies. There will be several informational tables in the front entrance. You can pay for lunches, get your parent portal access code, drop off permission for medication, visit the athletic table and more. PTO will provide a hot dog dinner in the cafeteria for $2.50 per person or $10.00 per family from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 ~
- Middle School Students only 6th - 8th grade.
- No school for K - 5th grade.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 ~
- First day of school for all students Kindergarten through Eighth grade.
- PTO sponsored Tears and Cheers in the cafeteria at 8:00 am. Please come and meet with other grieving parents leaving their children at school for the first time as well as cheering parents who are glad to get their children back in school! Coffee, donuts and tissues provided.
Friday, August 22, 2014 ~ All School Dress of Choice.
Thursday, August 28, 2014 ~ Fifth Grade Community Challenge. Students should wear sunscreen, bring a water bottle and a sack lunch.
Friday, August 29, 2014 ~ No school/Teacher Inservice
Monday, September 1, 2014 ~ Labor Day/No School
Please make plans to attend our Patriots Day Observation on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 8:05 am. Please invite all your friends and family who serve our country in the Armed Services, or our community as fireman, nurses, police officers, teachers, etc. to our observation. Please have them wear their uniforms so we can allow our students to see those people who make sacrifices for them and learn how to honor them. All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Awana, ROTC, Girl and Boy Scouts etc. on this day.
We are so excited about the new school year. We have many great and new things planned for this year. One of the new ways of communicating to parents is with a program called MailChimp which will gather updates also known as an RSS feed from our website. Parents will receive an email with links to updates on the website. Please make sure to view the updates as there is important information for you concerning the happenings at school.
We are also excited that we have been working on improving the safety procedures at Legacy Academy with the desire of keeping your children safe while they attend school. We have installed a security feature at the front door which will require visitors to press a door buzzer to alert the front desk of your desired entry into the building. We will also be incorporating a new visitor check in system with the help of the Elbert County Sheriff's Department. We will send more information out soon.
-August 18th: Back to School Night 3:30 pm- 6:30 pm. The Legacy Academy PTO will be selling food from 4:30 pm- 6:00 pm. Purchase a meal (Hotdogs, Chips & Drink) for $2.50 or $10.00 per family). -August 20th: Tears & Cheers 8:00 am-9:00 amCome mingle with other Legacy families while enjoying some light refreshments. Whether you are cheering for the start of the new school year or apprehensive about the start of your child's academic journey this a great opportunity to meet other families and help create a strong family environment at Legacy Academy.Legacy Academy PTO is looking for volunteers to fill several committee positions. The PTO will need assistance with the following committees: Room Parent Coordinator, Teacher Appreciation, Coke Rewards, & Shopping with Scripps. This is a great way to earn your volunteer hours for the year.We are also looking for a fourth PTO board member. If you are looking for an activity that fulfills your volunteer hours and keeps you well involved in school activities a board position may be right for you.If you are interested in fulfilling your volunteer hours either through working on a committee or becoming a PTO Board Member contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.We are looking forward to a great 2014-2015 School Year!Janice Richardson, PresidentBeth Knopick, TreasurerJudy Vicari, Secretary
If you were unable to order a school supply kit or just wanted to do your own shopping, we have made the list available to you to be able purchase necessary supplies. Students in 1st thru 5th grade are invited to come on August 18th to meet their teacher and drop off supplies from 3:30-6pm followed by Back to School night at 6pm. Hot Dogs will be provided by PTO.
A past student of Legacy Academy and sibling to two current students, Cameron Berndt has qualified for the78th annual Colorado men's golf championship. Cameron is seventeen years old, which makes him the youngest and only high school student to participate in this event. We wish him the best for this event which started yesterday and will continue thru Sunday at the Lakewood Country Club. We are very proud of you.
- Kindergarten and 6th grade students need to report to school at noon on August 18th for orientation. They will be dismissed at 3:15. They can bring their school supplies.
- All middle school students report on August 19th at 8am with dismissal at 3:15.
- On August 20th, all students will report for school for a normal day.
Welcome back everyone!
Outdoor Adventure Estes Park! Calling All 6th Grade!
Join us Wednesday thru Friday, October 8th-10th for 3 days of fun and learning at the Estes Park Center YMCA of the Rockies. Legacy Academy has reserved the Pattie Hyde Barclay Reunion cabin for our lodging. Students will attend classes designed to meet Colorado State education standards, and relax with activities of their choice such as the Center’s pool, our lodge, shooting some hoops, or creating crafts in the craft barn.
When students were asked on a survey after last year’s trip, “What would you tell next year's 6th graders about Outdoor Education”, students said:
“Be ready for some fun!”
“That this trip will be impacting you for life!”
“I would tell them that they are going to have an amazing time in Estes Park!”
Dates: October 8, 9, 10th, 2014
Cost: $180.00 (includes transportation, lodging, classes, and all meals and snacks)
Deposit: $50.00 nonrefundable deposit due by Thursday, August 28th
After the deposit of $50, the final 2 payments of $65 each need to be made by September 25th, and October 2nd. Partial scholarships are available as we do not want anyone to miss out on this fantastic learning opportunity. Need Volunteer hours
? Each $10 put towards the student Scholarship Fund for Outdoor Education counts towards 1 hour of volunteer service.
Forms Due: August 28th
Parent Chaperones: must have Legacy Background Check and will be accepted on a first come basis.
Staff Sponsor: Stacy Millet email@example.com Please feel free to contact for any questions. Return all forms and check payments to Mrs. Millet If using Square at the office for payments, please make sure to mark that it is for 6th Grade Trip.
It is never too early to start thinking about Washington DC in the spring of 2015! Over the last two years we have partnered with Close Up to provide our students with a trip of a lifetime! The trip is a chance to explore our nation’s capital along with 100 other 8th graders and participate in wonderful tours and activities. All the Legacy students who have gone would highly recommend it to their underclassmen. We already have students signed up making payments, so if you are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check out www.closeup.org for more information and plan on attending the parent meeting in the first couple weeks of school. We would love to have every 8th grader at least contemplate the option of going!
We have several volunteer opportunities to be completed before school starts. If you are willing to help with any of these areas, please call the school at (303) 646-2636 and leave a message for Anne or you may also email her at email@example.com. All hours will be doubled.
- We are looking for a group of people who will come to the school on Monday, August 18, 2014 at 8:30 am. We need people who will help with the building of the memorial benches to honor Csaba Gabriel Recke and put them in the ground and help spread wood chips. If you are willing to help please bring, work gloves, rakes, shovels. If someone has a front loader, we could really use it. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer, all volunteer hours are doubled.
- Can you help with landscaping? We are in need of help mowing, trimming, weed spraying with non-toxic weed killer. Please e-mail or call Anne to email@example.com or 303 646-2636.
- Sanding project and building a drying rack for the Art room. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Any student medication and signed dr. permission forms will need to be dropped off on August 18th from 3:30-6pm.
- Please note that there is an additional TDAP immunization between the 5th and 6th grade year. The state is cracking down on all schools. Please have your student immunized over the summer and bring the updated immunization record with you the first day of school.
- If your student is new to Legacy this year, we need birth certificates and current immunization records on file at the school. Please drop off on or before August 18th.
- Any middle school student who plans on participating in sports this year will need to submit a current physical.