The EMS Cardinals are currently undefeated! They have one more game – next Wednesday, which is a home game. Legacy Academy has one student on the team, Sam Walter, and many past students are on the team. The game starts at 5 p.m.
This is the first time in 5 years that the 7th grade EMS team has won a game, let alone all of their games. Way to go! We are proud of you.
We are so excited to be given
the opportunity to rally around one of our own community members, Matt
Littrell. Mr. Littrell, a former Marine Infantryman from Elbert County, is
riding horseback from Camp Lejeune, NC, to Camp Pendleton, CA. He is raising
money for wounded veterans through the Semper Fi Fund. We would like to support
Mr Littrell and all wounded veterans by donating to the Semper Fi Fund.
Donations will be received
beginning September 11, thru September 30. Students can bring their donations
to their homeroom teachers, and the class that has raised the most money for
Mr. Littrell and the Semper Fi Fund will win an ice cream party. The winning
class will be announced on October 1. Mr Littrell’s father will be with us to
accept the donations. Students can wear their western wear on that day as a
dress of choice as well.
To find out more information
about Matt Littrell and to watch his journey across the United States, go to www.facebook.com/Thelongtrailhome/timeline
To find out more information
about the Semper Fi Fund, go to https://fundraising.semperfifund.org/fundraise?fcid=249300
See You at the Pole will be held on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 7:30am. Please meet in front of the school by the Flag Pole. Student led prayer around the flag pole. Please bring a breakfast item to share. Join students as they pray for our school, community and nation! Contact 8th grader, Claire Townsend at email@example.com for more information.
Please note the date change. It was originally scheduled for Thursday but has been moved to the 24th.
Friday, September 19th is Picture Day and Dress of choice for all students. Please make sure your student is dressed in their best! No hats. will be allowed. Picture order forms will be going home today, please return to your child's teacher by Friday morning. Make sure to ask your student about it.
The Elizabeth Education Foundation supports the Elizabeth C-1 School District. Funds generated from Safeway's community giving program, as well as the King Soopers program support our district in the form of teacher grants. All teachers may apply for funds to purchase items which would benefit their classroom. 100% of every dollar earned from these programs is given back to our teachers. Best of all, no money comes out of your pocket.
The EEF is selling Safeway and King Soopers cards for $10. They are also re-loadable. please see the attached form for more information.
Do you want to know more about Google Classroom? What can parents do to hold their students accountable? How can parents know what work needs to be done everyday and when it is due? All these answers and more can be found on September 18th at 6:15 or on September 23rd at 3:30 pm in Mr. Parish's classroom (#107). A middle school parent tech night will be hosted by Jeff Entner & Matt Parish. We would like to show you around your student's iPad and familiarize you with the apps they use most, where to find homework information, and address other questions you have about the technology we use on a daily basis at Legacy Academy. We would like to make it a hands-on experience, so please be sure to bring your student's iPad and even bring your student as well!
fundraiser to support Former Marine Infantryman Matt Littrell and the Semper Fi
Fund to begin on September 11
As part of our Patriot Day Observation Ceremony on
September 11, 2014, Legacy students will be raising money for Matt Littrell and
the Semper Fi Fund. Mr. Littrell, a
former Marine Infantryman from Elbert County, is riding horseback from Camp
Lejeune, NC, to Camp Pendleton, CA, to raise money for wounded veterans. You can keep track of his journey, see photos
from the ride, and send encouragement through his Facebook page: The Long Trail
Home. Mr. Littrell’s father will be with
us for the Patriot Day Observation.
Students will give donations to their homeroom
teachers, and the class that has raised the most money for Mr. Littrell and the
Semper Fi fund will win an ice cream party.
Donations will be accepted through the month of September and the
winning class will be announced on October 1. Mr. Littrell’s father will be with us to
accept the donations.
1 “The Long Trail Home” Dress of Choice Day: WESTERN WEAR only
Students will be able to wear dress in “Western Wear” for
the October 1. We will take a
school picture to send to Mr. Littrell, announce the winners of the ice cream
party, and present the money raised for the Long Trail Home and the Semper Fi
Fund to Mr. Littrell’s father on his behalf.
For more information on the Semper Fi fund, go to https://fundraising.semperfifund.org/fundraise?fcid=249300
LEGACY ACADEMY PTO NEWS
September 8th, 2014
PTO Board 2014-2015
Janice Richardson President, Beth Knopick Treasurer, Judy Vicari Secretary
We are looking for a 4th PTO Board Member. The position of secretary would be offered to the
newest board member and a current member would fill the Vice President Vacancy.
If you are interested in joining the PTO Board for the 2014-2015 school year please send a
short bio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
General PTO Meeting
October 7th, 6:30 pm
On September 2nd, we held our first PTO general meeting of the 2014-2015 school
year. It was great to see many new faces, as well as, some familiar ones. We had a
full agenda to start off the year. The following are a few key topics that were
Bank Account Update & Budget Categories.
Feedback regarding First Day School Supplies.
PTO events: Back to School Night & Tears and Cheers.
PTO History & non-profit status
Teachers’ need for Room Parents (speak to your child’s teacher or contact PTO if
One open PTO Board Position and several Committee Chair positions.
Middle School PE Uniforms and Wildcat Sweatshirts.
Our goals are to stream line ordering Legacy apparel and improve
communication. We hope to continue on a positive path to allow us to provide Legacy
students, staff, and families the support they need.
For more detailed information regarding PTO, check out the school’s website and go
to the PTO Tab.
Hope to See You at Our Next Meeting on October 7th -Mark Your Calendar
LEGACY ACADEMY PTO NEWS
- Sept. 2nd Legacy Apparel & Wildcat Sweatshirts ordered. Delivery should arrive in approx. two
- Sept. 9th: Legacy School Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
- Sept. 24th: Fun Run Assembly
- Oct. 3rd: Fun Run
Start saving Box Tops, Labels for Education
(Campbell Soup Labels and other products), & coke rewards. More details to come
regarding turning them in and deadlines.
PTO will be scheduling another used uniform sale prior to Winter Break. Currently, we are not accepting any more donations until we are able to process other
recently donated items.
Our Patriot Day ceremony is scheduled for September
11, 2014 at 8 am. Please invite all your friends and family who
serve our country in the armed services or
our community as fireman, nurses, police
officers, teachers, etc to our celebration.
Please have them wear their uniforms, so
that we can allow our students to see those
people who make sacrifices for them and
learn to honor them. All children who are
involved in a community service orientated
clubs may wear their uniforms including
girls and boys scouts, Awana, ROTC, etc. on this day.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- Instrument Show and Tell Meeting for all Band Members/or new students interested in band please meet in the cafeteria 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
- PTO Meeting in the cafeteria 6:30pm - 7:30pm Free childcare provided
Thursday, September 4, 2014
- First day of first session for Wednesday Minecraft. Students must have paid and pre-registered. Registration sheets are available at the office on a first come first serve basis. 2nd -8th grade only. Students report to the Mac Lab from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. Students are dismissed out the front doors. Please pick up students promptly.
Monday, September 8, 2014
- Rain Date rescheduled Fifth Grade Community Challenge. Students should wear sunscreen, bring a water bottle and a sack lunch.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- First day of first session for Monday Minecraft. Students must have paid and pre-registered. Registration sheets are available at the office on a first come first serve basis, students 2nd -8th grade only. Students report to the Mac Lab from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. Students are dismissed out the front doors. Please pick up students promptly.
- First Day of first session for Fencing. Fencing is held in Legacy Academy Gymnasium from 3:15pm to 4:00pm. Students first grade through eighth grade may participate. The cost is $160 for a ten week session plus a $10.00 registration fee. Students must pre- register at scholasticfencingleague.com. If you have any questions, please call 720-334-3578.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
- Legacy Academy Governing Board Meeting 6:30pm Library.
- 8th grade DC and NYC Informational at 6:00 pm in Mr. Parish’s room 107
Friday, September 12, 2014
- Patriot Day Observation 8:00am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve our country in the armed services, firemen and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boys scout, AWANA, ROTC etc. on this day. We are still looking for donations of brunch items for our celebration. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours!
Friday, September 19, 2014
- Middle School Dress of Choice.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
- All School Dress of Choice. SCHOOL PICTURES!
Friday, September 26, 2014 ~ NO SCHOOL.
- 7:30am See You at the Pole, meet in front of the school by the Flag Pole. Student led prayer around the flag pole. Please bring a breakfast item to share. Join students as they pray for our school, community and nation!
- Parent Teacher Conferences by appointment only 4pm to 8pm for grades Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Middle School conferences are located in the gymnasium between 4:00pm to 6:00pm and 6:40pm to 8:00pm, by appointment only. An email with a link will be sent soon.
Monday, September 29, 2014 ~ NO SCHOOL.
- Parent Teacher Conferences by appointment only 8:00am to 12:00pm for grades Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Middle School conferences are located in the gymnasium between 8:00am to12:00pm, by appointment only.