- We need someone who would like to iron graduation gowns. Please contact Anne at (303) 646-2636.
- We are looking for some folks to cook up some tasty cookies to take to our public servant workers who help us through the year. If you are willing to make a couple dozen cookies and send them into the office or purchase five medium round trays with lids to deliver them our sheriffs department dept., transportation, etc. Please call Anne. We need cookies and trays by May 1, 2013. If they come early we will just freeze them until we are ready to use them.
- Elementary and MS P.E. teachers need your help on field day. Both field days take place on Thursday, May 23, 2013. Help is needed to run stations, lead a group of students, supervise, pictures, and a variety of other jobs. Please contact Mrs. Chamberlain (1st - 4th grade) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Pascua (5th -7th grade) at email@example.com.
- We are looking at some extensive playground work this summer, if you have time and equipment for moving dirt we need your help. Please call Anne and put your name in.
- Headphones (not earbuds) for student use. If you spend $10.00, it will count as two hours towards your volunteer hours! We will be setting up a checkout system.
- We have a need for a small concrete pad on our property. Please let Anne know if you could donate time and maybe partial material for our Observatory project.
- We are in need of of a few supplies, extra large band-aids and Lifesaver brand Peppermints. If you spend $10.00, it will count as two hours towards your volunteer hours!
- The Art Department is needing the donation of clean and empty plastic liter bottles and smaller plastic soda bottles. These will be used for a special fundraising project that will coincide with the elementary Christmas Music program. Please drop off at the front office.
- We are fundraising for two different projects. We want to build an Observatory and we are also raising funds to purchase a Wildcat Mascot Costume. All donations made to these fundraisers will receive a tax donation letter and your amount will be doubled towards volunteer hours. For example, a $50 donation will equate to ten hours of volunteer time. Thank you for your consideration, company donations count as well!
- Please call Anne if you can help with any of these volunteer needs at (303) 646-2636 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cafeteria always need volunteers. Please call Cathy Breaux at (303) 646-2636 or e-mail email@example.com, if you can help.
The Library is officially closed. There are quite a few students who still have books out and/or owe fines. Please check your child's Monday folder for an overdue/loaned notice and return book/payment as soon as possible.
Thank you, Debbie Littlefield
ELBERT COUNTY SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Elbert County Library District will be hosting a summer reading program. "Dig Into Reading" will be the theme and is designed for babies through adults.
There is something new and exciting happening this year. Anyone who has an Elbert County Library card can "check out" ebooks from their website (www.elbertcountylibrary.org). It works on almost every device-Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, etc.
Look for the Overdrive icon on the left side of the page. All you need is a library card number; the process is easy. If you have any questions, feel free to call them; they will be glad to help you through it.
Legacy Academy is NOT responsible for any books that your kids may check out due to content, reading level, etc.
Check Monday folders for an informational handout about the program; it is a great way to keep your children reading through the summer.
If you are a parent and wish to help out in the classroom, be sure to contact your teacher. There is a variety of in class volunteer opportunities available. Please note: Due to privacy concerns parents are not able to participate in grading and occasional group activities. Teachers will be sure to offer guidance in this area.
Our Robotics club is preparing for their first competition. It will held this Saturday, November 10th at Prairie Middle School from 8am-5pm.